Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

May 19 Dr. Whitacre visit

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Went to the Dr. today - not much news - just have
to now wait and see what the MRI says, and see if
they can still run an estrogen receptor test on the
bit of tissue they still have.

My friend Chris (Dr. Kniesel) went with us to the
breast doctor (Eric Whitacre) and helped explain
everything to Bob and me, later. Don't know
what will happen next, but right now I'm leaning
toward a lumpectomy. That, however, means
radiation, and I'm not so sure about that.
(Scarring which might cause pain for the rest of
my life - or heart damage - or bone loss - there
are lots of risks, but it sounds like this makes
the most sense right now.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home