Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Feb 21 Days passing

I know I am repeating myself - partly because I'm too lazy to go back and reread the last posts I've written, but I don't want to do that just now.
The service was very very nice. Bob's brother John created a wonderful slide show presentation, and all three 'children' (Mary, Bob and John) spoke. Two of George's good friends who were mentored by him in the beginning of their careers spoke of his help and friendship. Mari's sister-in-law played the violin, as she also had done at Dave's service. Granddaughter Elizabeth read a poem George had written, and Sara sang her Homeward Bound solo. (She was not or did not seem to be nervous!) This is the song - neither of us alone, or together could have sung it this well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTfm9i9zyZM&feature=related
We are mostly doing better every day. Bob is having a very hard time. This was his best friend and fellow inventor and go to guy and collaborator. They talked very often, sometimes daily, for all the years I have known them.
I know from experience that time does heal, but it takes a long time to build up enough strength and callous in your heart to bear this sorrow.
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers and cards and e-mails and comments and well wishes. We appreciate them all.
Love to you all. Patty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home