Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Jan 6 Only 4 More Radiation Treatments!

Everyone that wants to come celebrate The-End-of-the-Radiation, please meet us at The Eclectic Cafe at Sabino Canyon and Tanque Verde on Thursday Jan. 10th beginning at 5:00 p.m. The special that night (and every Thursday night) is Spinach and Artichoke Enchiladas with Tamatillo Sauce. YUM! I'll stay till the last one leaves. Or it is my bedtime.
I know there is still another long peroid of medication and Dr. appointments ahead of me, but I'll be really glad to not have to get up and go to radiation every morning at 8:10 a.m. That is something to celebrate.
I've been doing well with the radiation treatments - just the requisite 'sunburn-like' discoloration that is within the large area for which they tattooed. There is one other place with a small amount of irritation where the famous surgery-when-I-was-4-years-old-scar is located. We've (I've) been doctoring it, and they are satisfied that it will be OK with just my ministrations, so now I'm happy, too.
The area of the lumpectomy has scar tissue, and now that has become a large discrete lumpy feeling mass. I think of it like an overcooked and charred piece of meat from the microwave. That is how I cook in the microwave, anyway. So - no problems.
Now they are focusing (pun intended) on the scar area for the last week. It was taking about 15 seconds on each of 3 different alignments and didn't take long. Now it is one exposure on the scar area, for about 15 seconds, and I'm done. Easy peasy.
Did I mention I'll be glad to get the getting up and driving over there every day over with. I am spoiled with two days off every week, I guess. Most people do get up early and go to work every day of the week, don't they. Hmmmm. Oops. Thank you for letting me have two days off, world. I've put in enough extra hours over the years.
We've just been trying to stay on top of everything here. We just had the house trim painted - turquoise - and are still getting everything back together from that. Put the clock back out on the patio, put the thermometer back out, re-string the lights around the patio, etc. Bob has worked and worked on our front door after the guys painted it too soon, before all the smoothing work was done. He ended up washing off the turquoise paint they had put on, the deep maroon/burgandy? under that, and then the black under that. Then the cracks had to be filled in, every thing resanded, he painted it black, didn't like how it looked, started over again by sanding it off. It is finished now - I think. Black with turquoise and red on the carved sections. Come by and see the specialness.
I've also been busily hanging more and more sparkley 'things' from my mesquite tree out front. It has become my breast cancer tree. I have all sorts of pink things out there, and then my new shiny ornaments. I really believe I must be part crow - I love my shiny sparkles.
Be careful out there - I know you didn't drink and drive on New Year's Eve - Hope everyone's New Year is starting out great - I know mine is.
Love to all you good people. Patty : )


3 Comments:

At January 8, 2008 at 8:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOOxxOOOOOO

 
At January 8, 2008 at 7:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.....miss Patty....Are you buying for all at Eclectic?????? LOL hahahahahah Just kidding!!!!!!

 
At January 9, 2008 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Patty said...

I wish I could -- I hope there are enough peeps that no way could I afford that! Come anyway and have a sody-pop or something! Patty : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home