Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Dec 5 6th Radiation Today - Found The Aloe Vera

I finally got the correct aloe vera gel for my skin today. I had been warned that patients were looking all over town and then paying way too much money for the stuff the Dr. had suggested, but it still took me 5 trips to 4 stores to get the correct formulation. Nursie Jan told me that I could find it very cheaply at the Dollar Store. I went to the store right by our house, nothing there - and realized that it was 'Big Lots'. Oops. So the next day I asked Jan where was the Dollar Store, and she sent me on down the road. I stopped by there - 'Family Dollar Store'. Nothing. I walked in to the health food store right next to it, and after they told me they were closed, I asked if they had the stuff. Yes they had aloe vera gel and they would be open at 9 a.m. tomorrow. Too bad - it was too far to go back, so they lost that sale. So, I finally realized there was a vitamin store right across the street from my house, stopped by and looked and studied and found the purest product I could find, and when I showed the nurse, she laughed because I took her so literally, to find pure aloe vera. She just meant for it to not have alcohol or any perfume that would irritate the skin. So, back I went to the Vitamin Warehouse to exchange the drinkable aloe vera for a gel that will spread easily. I was supposed to begin using it right off the bat, and now I've already had 6 treatments and oh no, it's all ruined now. My chest. Not. ; )
I'm still trying to envision the snowy white beaches with alabaster sand and snowy white clouds. We'll see if it helps. I'll try to think of that instead of all the songs I'm supposed to be memorizing for our Holiday Concert Saturday night. "Sis-ters, Sis-ters, never were there such devoted sisters." I do not have the 'slap your thighs, clap your hands, and snap your fingers' part down, at all. We will all just be laughing at ourselves up there, and I'll be the one clapping when everyone else is on to the snapping and saying 'whee' after everyone else has already said it. You all are invited to laugh along with us. Please!
Please, please, everybody come to our concert. Saturday December 8, 7:00p.m. at Christ Church United Methodist on the west side of Craycroft, just north of 5th Street. 655 N. Craycroft. Free to the public, pass the hat later, and singing along on a couple of songs. Fun, Fun, and more Fun. We are always in need of and looking for more singers to join our choirs, both Ladies and Youth, (boys and girls). Come and check us out. It's more fun than a barrel of monkeys. : )
I have been trying to keep my days slow at work, and then come home and rest. They have told me that I will probably become fatigued with the radiation, also, but probably not as badly as with the chemotherapy. So far, so good.
I begin tomorrow on the third time slot for the radiation. They started me out at 10 a.m., then it has been 9:10 a.m., and tomorrow begins the 8:10 a.m. slot. This will make it easier to get to work before 10:00 in the morning. I hope.
I see Dr. Croghan every Wednesday morning, after the nurse checks me in - weight, blood pressure, and then, "Are there any problems?" This morning I told her that I had begun a new prescription for my runny allergy nose - a nasal spray. What is it, says she? It begins with an 'A', says I. "I think it is ... Aricept." The nurse put her head down on the examining table, she was laughing so hard. Says she, "I don't think so - that is a medication for Alzheimer's!" Oops. I said - "I don't snort that up my nose?" Nope! We were both laughing so hard we were crying. I still don't remember the name of the med. She doesn't even care, either. : ) Maybe I do need the Aricept!
We went out tonight to a surprise celebration for a friend's 50th birthday, and we ended up with I think 13 folks. We just kept dribbling in, and the BD boy really didn't have any idea. It was fun.
Bed time - I was up waaay too late last night. Everyone be careful out there - take care and don't drink and drive. There were several that were going to be doing that tonight - makes me cringe. A life altering experience just waiting to happen. SOAPBOX ALERT
Less that 3 weeks til Christmas, in case anyone needed to be told, or reminded. ; )

Love to you all,
Patty. (Who is growing some fuzzy stuff on her head, that will need to be trimmed soon.) (Not so much.)

5 Comments:

At December 6, 2007 at 1:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you recall the cartoon characters, that when something crazy happens, their heads simply spin, round and round. THAT is what my head is doing trying to keep track of all that you have to do right now. Afraid I'd forget which medical bldg/office for that day and what the dr.s names were for that day. So, with all that, I'd say you are entitled to not remember what the exact name of whatever new medication it happened to be that someone wanted you to have on the tip of your tongue !! :)

 
At December 9, 2007 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Linn said...

Hey there-how long do u have to do the radiation?? Hope it ends quickly!!
xoxo lov from the West side :D

 
At December 10, 2007 at 5:56 PM , Blogger dotnroger said...

Well, I'm relieved to see that it was Wednesday when you had stayed up too late the night before, because it was Monday night that we kept you up too late! We so enjoyed the times we got to see you and anybody who missed the concert Saturday night should really regret it because it was so wonderful and so much fun! We are so encouraged that your spirits are good and to verify in person that it's not a front that you put onto your blog. I agree with those who applaud your writing and it may be that the intermittent memory lapses add to the charm of the prose. We love you bunches (Bob and Sara also) and hope it's not so long before we see you again.

Rotten Dodger
No! it's Dot and Roger

 
At December 11, 2007 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Patty said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At December 11, 2007 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Patty said...

I like the Rotten Dodger name - I promise to not call you that! We were so excited to get to see you, and I'm doubly glad you got to come to the concert. I had a blast! I was most excited that I didn't use my cheat sheet. Well, I may have needed to use it, but I didn't! Thanks for being here for us - Love, Patty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home