Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Friday, November 2, 2007

Nov 2 Finally feel like a Patty again

I'm so sorry I haven't posted in forever - I've been too busy not sleeping and not sleeping and did I mention - not sleeping?!
Today I feel great and like myself again - just in time for my last chemo on Monday the 5th. (YEA!)
I've been having problems with the sleeping (did I already mention that?) and have been up and indeed on the internet a bit, but I just couldn't seem to write a post, for some reason. I just didn't feel up to it.
I called the Med Onc a few days ago to ask about not sleeping, (see above) and they called in a prescription for Restoril and the first night I took it, I slept 15 hours! I awoke at 1:00 p.m. Oh. My. So the next night, it didn't work as well - but I got 6 hours of sleep, then the next night - not so good. It was 4:00 a.m. again before I finally went to bed - the not sleeping - it is getting old.
My friend Chris (2nd year resident) told me tonight that "No one ever died from not sleeping." And she should know! She is telling me that the sleeping potions mess with your sleep cycles, etc., and they aren't good for your body, and so I'm a gonna try me some ocean or rain sounds and the sleep mask my friend Anthea loaned to me and see if that works. Maybe reading something boring or sleep inducing in bed - War and Peace or something?
So, I'm off to bed - it is 11:00 and I AM tired - love and good thoughts to you all. Patty : ) OXOXO

3 Comments:

At November 3, 2007 at 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am told there are two main ingredients for great sleeping....first maintain a consistent bedtime and secondly and probably most importantly, remember the bed is used for two things only, sleep and ahem !!
Here's to a good night's sleep !!
oooxooo

 
At November 3, 2007 at 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patty, good to hear from you again. At least you have an end to the long tunnel your passing through. Even If you don't see us, there are alot of us walking beside you through this. If on the long nights, make a mental list of all your cousins. That should be like counting sheep and off you go ;o) Love Judy

 
At November 3, 2007 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Patty said...

Judy - What a great idea - I'll try that tonight! Thanks!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home