Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Oct 2 I Lived Through It!

I thought I had a very light day at the salon, but it was only a 'lightish' day. It was fine - I sat about 3/4 of the hairdressing time, but this was supposed to be the last week before chemo, and therefore I would be feeling great! Bernard and I planned so hard!
All our best laid plans were for naught! The chemo got kicked a week out, this was the first week after chemo, and had already been booked for quite a while. I tell you all that to tell you this - it was a tiring day but very satisfying to be back among my wonderful friends and clients.
Everyone was wonderful and loved my new 'haircut' and the butterfly temporary tattoo on the back of my head. It took extra time to do each person's hair, because I had lots of folks coming over and talking to me to say hello and welcome back (do I love that?or what?) and a couple of co-workers telling me they thought I had quit work.
All in all it was a very satisfying day, especially the way it ended.
Tonight was the first rehearsal for our Seasons Choir.
YEA!!!! (I sat down and had my foot up the entire time!) We need more ladies, ladies, and so bring yourselves to the Rincon Congregational Church just north of Mervyn's on Broadway and Craycroft Tuesday nights from 6:30 to 8:30.
We are singing Stopping by a Snowy Wood by Robert Frost, and White Christmas and Sisters both from the movie White Christmas. (We'll find out the rest of the titles as we go along.) I have no recollection of the Sisters song, but it is a cute song. Mrs. Kersey said she just thought of all of us as sisters, as we just gelled and got along and had such fun with this choir, and wanted us to sing the song, even though it isn't really a holiday song. So ---- I loves my Seasons Choir.
The kids choirs are beginning their rehearsals on Thursday, but Sara won't be there this year. She chose to not re-up, as her Honors Pre-Calculus-Trigonometry class teacher said there would be at least two hours of homework each night for that class alone. She was afraid she wouldn't have enough time for both. Good decision I think. I'm disappointed because I won't be seeing some of those kids for the first time in 9 years! I'll see them at the Concert, though.
Must get ready to get ready for work again tomorrow - I have only two clients, but one will take a very long time, and then I get to go home early.
Thanks for all the well wishes and love, and I'm doing great - just only a little tired this evening. Love, Patty : )

1 Comments:

At October 3, 2007 at 5:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sisters, Sisters, there were never such devoted sisters......I LOVE that song. Wish I could fly right down and join your choir! Glad to hear you are getting into the swing of things Slloowwwly. Going back to work is good for your spirits just don't wear out your body. (Been there, done that!)
I'll think of you at choir practice tonight (church choir).
Love and prayers,
Joyce

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home