Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sept 26 Aleve works!

I took an anticipatory Aleve last night before bed and woke up this morning (at 9:30 or so!!!!) with not much soreness at all! It's there - just only if I search it out (does it hurt here? Here? Or here?) It all is better than last time, that is for sure. I surely do not sleep well because of the steroids the night before the chemo, the next night after more steroids, or even the next night after not sleeping the nights before!!! I think maybe I might be caught up with my sleep now.
So, today will be a great day! I found a little story last night while cleaning out e-mail that makes me smile every time I read it.
....................................

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.

"Well, " she said, " I think I'll braid my hair today?"
So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.

"H-M-M-M," she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today?"
So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.

"Well," she said, "today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail."
So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.

"YEA!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Live simply.

.............................
What a great story, and a great inspiration for me.  Thank you to
whomever sent it to me. I have had it for a very long time, not
just since my diagnosis and hair loss.
I love it also because I can tell this story to my clients when they
think they don't have very many hairs on their own head.

Peace and love to all of you out there - whether you have no hair or
three or four hairs or 40 thousand hairs. ; )
Love you all,
from-Patty-who-has-quite-a-few-very-short-hairs-on-her-head : )

2 Comments:

At September 26, 2007 at 7:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooo

 
At September 30, 2007 at 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah but how does one GET that attitude?????

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home