Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sept 11 Today a Redhead - Tomorrow a Blonde?

Today is the very last day for the pretty red hair with the blonde highlights. Every time I touch it - LOTS of hair comes out. And when I pull on a chunk to see if it is really loose, or will it come out easily, it does! They kept telling me at work to stop it - I was getting very thin in spots in the back, behind my ears, where I could reach it to show the next person. I am fascinated - they are freaked.
Amber fluffed what I have left, sprayed it very, very well, I came home, changed clothes, and a co-worker's photographer husband (Hi, Kecia and John) came over and took a family portrait of the three of us. Very cool.
Tomorrow, I plan to bleach it, as light as I can, and then if there is enough left on my head, cut it short and spiky-ish a la Susan Powter (the Move More, Eat Less lady from a few years back). If most of the hair pretty much comes out with the shampooing out of the bleach, I'm going to just put bright yellow on it and be Big Bird for a day or two, (if it will stay on my head that long). I am having fun with it.
The only sad part for me is that I messed up and didn't get to do all the colors and cuts that I wanted to do, because I forgot to ask the Dr.-who-is-the-boss-of-me how soon my hair would begin to fall out after chemo started. I asked lots of other people, and they thought after the 2nd chemo. NOT! He said 7 to 14 days after the 1st chemo. Oops, it was already day 10 and I hadn't done the first color yet. EEEEEEEE!
So, Thursday was the red with highlights, Friday it began to go away. Slowly for a couple of days, at least. And now, tomorrow is it.
Sara says I can put pictures up here, she will have to help me later.
Love to all of you all. Stay well, Natalie Carol Thompson
Love, Patty : )

1 Comments:

At September 13, 2007 at 10:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, Missy
Just wanted to check in on you and see how the chemo was going. Don't forget to rest and take care of yourself, and let others help YOU for a change, OK?
Love your idea about the drastic haircolor changes, but whoops, hope it stays in long enough to cycle through 'em!
Talk to ya soon, and we're all thinking about you.
Kisses
Gina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home