Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sept 9 Baby Memories

Oh my! I can't believe it has been 16 years, since Bob drove so close up to the entrance door of labor and delivery that the door kept opening and closing till our friend moved the car.
I thought Sara was pretty small at 6 lb. 10 oz., then her cousin Dillon was born early and weighed 4 lbs. something. My friend Charli had Chloe at 4 lb. 10 oz. They were all tiny, tiny. I can't even fathom a 1 lb. 2 oz., 11 1/2" long baby. I can just pray and pray and think of Natalie, Nicholas and Cassie.
Sara was so little and we were so nervous and she grew and grew and is 5' 9 7/8" now! (the pediatrician says she can fib and say she is 5" 10") She is a Sophomore in High School, taking
World History, Chemistry, Dance, French 3, English and Honors Pre-Calculus/Trigonometry.
Sara and her Dad have been working since she got home for the summer, on her room project. It has been a laborious process. She has painted the room with a split roller with the green and brown, then this weekend the mural went up. It is so awesome, I wish everyone could see it. I don'
t know how to put a picture on this blog or if it is possible, but the majestic waterfall going through her room is breathtaking. It is a photo of an actual waterfall --Ellowa Falls in Oregon. I can't find anything on a map except Elowah Falls in Oregon, and one photo looks somewhat the same except for the fact that they shortened the falls in the background from one of the higher falls in Oregon, (289 feet) to a manageable height for a bedroom, I guess? Why would they change it so drastically?
I found a couple of sites you can cut and paste to see her mural.

http://www.usawallpaper.com/naturemural.html?page=2
(second from the bottom on the right side) (this photo will enlarge so you can see it really well. Her door opening is just so the cats can push through that tallish grass there about three feet in from the left wall. Cute)

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/wallpapers_1964_1137304374
(this site just pops you right to it)

Her bedroom door is at the far left of the mural, and her closet door is at the far right. The mural fit exactly even covering the door jambs. They did have to cut some of the top of the waterfall off but it looks so cool that we don't want any thing put back in there in front of that wall. She is planning on leaving that entire wall empty. The bookcase won't go back on that wall, even. (It will stay in the room, never you fear!) We still have a massive clean out get rid of project ahead of us. I did a lot while she was away, but.....much much more needs to happen.
Those two are very tired and very proud of the project. I just sat in the bed and rested while they slaved away. : )
Much love and many hugs to all of you out there. Take good care of yourselves. Patty : )

1 Comments:

At September 10, 2007 at 2:25 PM , Blogger dotnroger said...

You're right - it's beautiful. I'm sure I could sleep quite well with it in my room. Can't wait to actually see it -- hopefully, before the year is out.

Thanks for sharing. Hope you are feeling up to par.

Hugs, Dot

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home