Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Monday, October 22, 2007

Oct 22 Sleeping is all messed up

Well, I slept exactly 1/2? or 1? hour(s) last night. I napped for about an hour this afternoon, and I've now taken two of those Sleep II pills that are like Benedryl, supposedly. I took them an hour ago and they might be working tonight. I need some sleep! I don't know what happened.
Last night I stayed on the couch all night, as I was worried about awakening Bob or disturbing him, and the wind was howling like it was Western Kansas! My nose hurts from blowing and my sneezy allergies are a mess. That is all I did, sneeze, blow and try to sleep, turn the light back on and read, and sneeze and blow and blow. All night long
My two very large wind chimes were banging and chiming and making lots of noise, I'm glad I don't hear them like that every night! I hope the neighbors weren't kept up all night! I think all the neighbor's bedrooms are not near enough to our back patio, and so they miss all the musicality of the chiming and dinging.
I did finish a book, or two, or three, however. I read The Year of Magical Thinking by
Joan Didion (very sad times for her, and very thought provoking for me), Fire in the Blood by Irene Nemirovsky (who also wrote Suite Francaise which I loved). I read What We Keep by another favorite author Elizabeth Berg (I highly recommend her books). I finally read Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthus Golden. I now want to see the movie. I am in the middle of The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai and then finally the next one in the pile is The God of Small Things by Arundahati Roy. I really only read a couple or three of these in the last two days.
It looks as though I'm really being very cosmopolitan here - a French translation, Japanese Geisha culture, India (in the monsoon season so far) and another India one. Another one about India that I really liked several years ago was A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry. I just like to read lots of stuff and right now that is what is coming up for me. Several people have suggested Water for Elephants by
Sara Gruen (about the circus) so that also will be sometime soon. I'm so grateful that I get to read a lot right now. I'm truly loving, loving, loving it.
I must now get to and into the bed and see if I can now get some much needed shut eye. Night to you all, love you all, and I'll send this wind your way, if you want it. (Except if you live in Southern California! Poor folks) Love and Peace. Patty : )

2 Comments:

At October 28, 2007 at 4:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Missy
Hope you get on board with the sleep thing soon-I guess it's just gonna be a wild ride for awhile, figuring out what your poor body wants at any given moment. I'm sure someone told you, but Tanya's last day is Wed. the 31st, so come by for cake and goodbyes. I'll be there in the early afternoon.
Tell me how 'Water for Elephants' is!
Kisses and wishing you the best
Gina

 
At October 29, 2007 at 9:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sis,
insomnia sucks! I'm so glad to know you are getting to read and enjoy your books. Wish my eyeballs would stay awake to enjoy the books you recommend. Big Hugs to you, Bob & Sara.
Carol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home