Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Friday, November 16, 2007

Nov 16 Tattoos yesterday

I got the 4 tattoos yesterday and he lied - it did hurt! Three tattoos up the middle of my chest and one sort of under my armpit. India ink - does that only come in black? Or are they really going to be blue as I thought they were and I have seen on others? Or does it eventually turn blue?
I go on Tuesday for another mammogram (pre-radiation), and then go back to the Rad Onc on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving for the "Dry Run". Then they will set up my appointment time for the 30 days of Star Trek therapy. (Get it? X-ray, ray gun, laser gun, radiation gun?? Don't blame me - I don't write the jokes. Oh yeah, the writers are on strike and I did have to write the jokes myself.)
I have had a few pretty yucky days, on antibiotics for a fistula and they are making me: nauseous, metallic taste in my mouth, fatigued, and all those things I survived the stinkin' chemo without! Just 8 more days of that and I'll be good and back to as-normal-as-I-ever-get!
Now I also have
a mouthwash for the mouth-sore thing and take-that--Ambien-so-you-can-sleep thing.
The pharmacist no longer has to even ask my name - they just see me coming and pull up the computer and the package.
I have now officially become a little old lady - I scratched on my arm because it itched and I made a nice little purply blood blister thing because of the thin skin thing. Yep - same thin skin that wouldn't hold the incision closed, ya think?
I am good, however - I got to talk to someone very nice and entertaining and amusing yesterday for a long long time and I haven't laughed until I cried for a long time and I needed that! Thanks so much, someone very nice! ; )
Love to all of you - be careful out there! Patty : )

13 Comments:

At November 16, 2007 at 4:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome !!
ooxxoooooooo

 
At November 17, 2007 at 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patty poo.....

Can I post on here even tho I don't have a google acct?

 
At November 17, 2007 at 1:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...I think it worked, lol! Frank and I read your posts all the time! I was shocked to hear about getting the tiny tattoos for radiation. My dad had radiation for prostate cancer at Loma Linda Hospital in CA, and he didn't have to go through the tattoo ordeal. I wonder why.

Frank loves your posts...says you are a good writer and that you should become one professionally.....but please DON"T do that....I need you to do my hair! hahahahaha

Sarah is coming down here on Tuesday....I was thinking that I would pay for her to get her hair done with you....if I were a nice mom that is....and since I'm not, I won't. :-)

Happy Turkey Day!

Ur fav client

 
At November 18, 2007 at 1:57 AM , Blogger Patty said...

If you were a really nice mom, you would just bring your favorite child to see her friendly neighborhood (oops, not anymore) hair stylist. Thanks for reading - and thanks for the complement, Frank! See ya!

 
At November 18, 2007 at 10:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea....I thought of bringing Sarah in just to say hi to you....but here again....I'm NOT a nice mom...sooooooo

plus...you can count that after she leaves all of us old fogies on Thanksgiving Day for her friends, she will be hungover and sleeping late on Friday....and I'll be out getting the specials for Christmas...all in all, it probably won't work out.

You actually working on Friday?

 
At November 19, 2007 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Patty said...

Of course! Loveyameanit

 
At November 20, 2007 at 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

First it's tattoos, next you'll be getting a Harley Davidson. It's a slippery slope.

Happy Thanksgiving! -Sarah M.

 
At November 20, 2007 at 7:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...yea...and then a leather jacket!!!

ooooh yea...I can just see the harley Patty rumblin down the road! hehehehe

 
At November 21, 2007 at 5:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me you'll stop at tatoos and not go on to body piercing (seen and unseen)!! :0

Glad to hear that sense of humor!!
Cousin Joyce)

 
At November 21, 2007 at 10:43 PM , Blogger Patty said...

Oh. My. You all do have plans for me! I think I'm more a Honda or Yamaha girl. NOT! No more piercings, I have two and that is quite enough. (that would be one on each ear) However, they are asking something about shaving my head and putting poinsettia or Christmas tree tattoos on it for our Heritage Choirs Holiday Concert?

 
At November 22, 2007 at 7:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Temporary ones.... yes ??

 
At November 25, 2007 at 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No ???
oooxxxoooo

 
At November 27, 2007 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Patty said...

Yes, only temporary ones. ; )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home