Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Nov 27 "Dry Run" Today -- Radiation Tomorrow

Finally - I get the computer for more than a minute. Sara has had a giant essay due and has been glued to the computer for weeks, it seems.
My last post was about getting my radiation tattoos. I've been just spinning my wheels, waiting for the next thing on the menu.
I finished the antibiotics for the fistula thingy, had a check up by Dr. Roeder, all is well, had another mammogram on just the left side (which really freaked me out that they didn't check both sides!?), all is well.
The dry run, as they call it, consisted of lots more measuring and marking (Red sharpie, this time) and recording of angles and what not, and marking the entire area of treatment (big squarishish area from my breastbone to way under my armpit, and then from about 2 inches below my collarbone to just under the breast). Then finally more photos were taken.
Then I got to go pick my clothes out of locker #22! With my name on it! Wooo hooo! I haven't had a locker since high school, and I forgot how cool they are. The aide that took me back said, "You got a locker?! They must have all the cubbies filled up right now." I have to keep my gown clean and folded so I can use it daily, then they wash and refill the cubbies and lockers with fresh gowns every week.
I don't know how long it will really take each day, once they get me going, and I remember all the steps, but somewhere around the 30 minute mark, I think.
I just found out today that I cannot shave that armpit till I'm finished with my 30 days. (Good thing the hair fell out - I hope it doesn't begin growing back very soon!) I also may not use antiperspirant or deodorant in that armpit until finished. They OKed a crystal health food store stuff, and I may not use it until they are finished each day. Then I get to apply the crystal stuff and trot to work.
Oh yes, my daily appointment is at 10:00 a.m. Not so good for me and my clients (or my shadow). I must have made an 'oh no' face, and she asked what time would be better for me and said that I could be put on a wish list. When I left, the same person gave me another card - 9:10 a.m. beginning Dec 3. (next Monday). I'd like even earlier, so I could get on to work, and not have to call all my clients, again, but - I get to take what I get, and not throw a fit!
I think they said something about if I needed to change once in a while, they could maybe manage it. Sounded as though they wouldn't like it, though.
We had a great chorus rehearsal and pot luck tonight, and we need to, excuse me, I need to practice very, very hard before next week's two rehearsals with the entire group, and then before the concert on Saturday.
Everyone is invited! Saturday, December 8th, at 7:00 p.m. at the Christ Church United Methodist on the west side of Craycroft just north of 5th Street. Great acoustics and lots of seating, and there will be some awesome singing! I hope by my group, also! : ) We are having fun and that is what is important! That is what Margie tells us, anyway!
Bed beckons, I must go. I'm going to try to get up early and try to see everyone at my "home" Weight Watchers meeting at 7 a.m. tomorrow. I haven't been in so long - they may make me join again! Egads! That may actually be true!
Love and peace and good will to all. Hope your Thanksgiving Day was great - ours was. Too much pie - always! That is my tradition!
My love to you all, as always. Patty : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home