Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Dec 1 My Birthday - 55 I think! I'm the speed limit!

I have gotten so far behind on letting you all know what is going on in my life of the cancer patient.
My sister Sally told me that a wise someone told her - "You will never catch up - you'll spend the rest of your life trying." Or something sort of like that. Sally? Help me and my memory.
Anyway, I am going to try to give you some highlights.
It has been extremely busy - Radiation every morning at 8:10 a.m. - who the heck asked for that time slot - I never get to sleep late, now.
Bob's Aunt Dot and Uncle Roger came to visit George (and the rest of us) the first week of December - and we got to see them a couple of times. It was a very busy week for all three LeCompte families here in Arizona, but I think we managed to get the visiting in.
That week, I had two choir rehearsals, Radiation every morning, Sara had two Dr. appointments, I had a dentist appointment, then the end of the week came. I worked on Saturday, came home and got ready for my concert, and wore my costume to Bob's work Christmas party. I had to leave after about an hour, to go rehearse again, and warm up for the concert. Bob and Sara were able to stay about 2 hours.
The concert was a whopping success!!! IMHO (In my humble opinion). We had so much fun.
Then --- Sunday I worked in the lobby in the 'boutique' at the Southwest Nutcracker. I've been volunteering for a while, after my friend asked me the first time. It is fun to see all the little ones coming to see the big girls dance. I love it.
Sara and Bob headed over to the Fourth Avenue Street Fair while I helped pack up unsold items and then break down the displays. What a lot of hard work those parents do. Often.
My salon had our Christmas party on Monday the 10th - the two owners take us all out to eat (whatever we want, off the menu) and we each bring a Christmas Ornament and play "That Game". You know the one - I just don't know what it is called. Everyone gets a number, then #1 chooses a package, opens it, #2 may steal that ornament, or choose another package to open #3 same and so on and so on. It is a lot of fun, always there are a few spectacular ornaments that every one wants.

Bob's good friend Nick turned 50, and we had a surprise drop in at the restaurant

2 Comments:

At December 27, 2007 at 5:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 'wise someone' added that you should "just move forward from this point on".

 
At December 27, 2007 at 5:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We call it the dirty Santa game. This year we had a variation....you had to hear a pair of gloves while you "tried" to open the gift as someone else was rolling dice. if they rolled a 3 before you got the gift open, you had to pass it on. You just keep going and trying until everyone is succesful. What fun. Glad to hear you're doing OK. and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home