Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Dec 10 Exposed? to Tuberculosis - All Fine

I got a letter from the University Medical Center informing me that because I had been to the UMC Cancer center between the dates X to Z (can't remember) that I had been exposed to TB.
There had been a cancer patient there those dates who had just been diagnosed with an active case of TB. SOOOO... I had to go get a TB test, for which all the doctors assured me was a very highly unlikely possibility that I had anything to worry about. The dates were screwy for me to go to the clinic they had set up at UMC, so I ended up at a Pima County Health Department office. Then back again 2 days later to have it read - absolutely nothing. As far as I know, it was all a tempest in a teapot. The nurses I know all said you would have to "be a cell mate for months, with them coughing on you daily, to contract this disease". I'm glad they were proactive, anyway.
As usual - all is fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home