Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Dec 26 Bob's Birthday - He is 51!

This is now the catchup entry - zooming by the rest of December.
I missed my friend Marian's Caroling Party this year. We were all too burned out to go out again that evening.
I really must ask my family to draw Christmas names a bit earlier, as I always end up trying to make something too ambitious, too late. Happened again this year - I am still working on the presents, and decided they are late anyway, I'll take a break and write and make you all read for hours.
So - December consists of working, getting all the heads of hair ready for the parties and the company and the family and the trips out of town. It is fun and exciting to hear of all the plans everyone has.
After I worked Monday morning to take care of my peeps who had appointments on Tuesday, I came home and spent the better part of the afternoon putting out our Luminarias. I am a 'block captain', and take the orders, pick up the white bags and 'plumbers candles' (?why are they called that?),
count out the proper numbers of sets, deliver them all in time for the homeowners to fold the bags over on the top edge, and then pick up the bags of sand from the neighborhood pool and scoop out the proper number of cups of sand to bags (2 cups in each bag) and then deliver it all. Whew. I love seeing everyone every year!
Then, finally,
we spent Christmas Eve as usual, up at Bob's folks in northwest Tucson, and then had Christmas there. Stockings, breakfast, more stockings, presents, cooking, eating, cleaning, resting, playing games, playing with new presents.
Then driving tiredly home.
Then to work today.
Happy catch up reading and Happy New Year!
Questions? Write me a note. I'm so sorry it has been so long. I got bogged down and then overwhelmed thinking of how far behind I was.
Now I'm not.
Peace and love and hope for happiness and health for the New Year. Go 2008! You have to be good. 2007 was a challenge.
Be well Natalie Carol.
I love you all. Patty : ) (Who has rather a lot of hair - just not very long) I'm trying to figure out a way to post a link for pictures so dial up people don't have their internet connection get bogged down. Anyone have suggestions for a free or cheap site sort of like Flicker? All suggestions will be read and appreciated and maybe I'll move forward on one of them. Or my personal assistant will!!! ; )
Peace out. Patty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home