Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Jan 10 What a Great Party!!

I had so much fun tonight - we were kind of a big bunch of people in the middle of the restaurant and in the way a little and they kept saying it was OK, it is alright. We kept having to bring in or have them find more chairs, and they even brought one in from the patio.
How many people got to come? Patty, Cindy, Sharon, Bob, Paul, Helen, Laura, Matt, Joanne, Bev, Amber, Kaydie, Libby, Gary, Chris, Casey, Avery, Katie, Kecia, Regina, Charli, Leah, Donna, and I hope I didn't forget anyone. I should have had people sign a book - or my diploma!
I handed out pink ribbon bracelets, even to other diners. One cutie pie older man was just standing looking at all of us and smiling, and so I went over to apologize for being too noisy?? He and his wonderful wife said, "Oh, no, we are enjoying seeing you having such a great time. What is the occasion?" I told them I was celebrating my last Radiation Treatment, and they said "That's what we thought - that it was a cancer celebration, and those were your co-workers from the office. Congratulations" They had been sitting there trying to make a story out of all the clues! That really tickled me. I asked if they would like a bracelet, and they both said "Yes!"
Then every one was petting my head - the new hair is so soft and sleek. I heard someone make a sound right behind me, turned around and a man in another booth was 'purring'. I laughed and asked if they would like to pet it, too. I sat with them for a little while, they asked what was going on, who were these people, how did I know them, and then they wanted a bracelet. One of the two men took out his wallet and I said oh no, you don't have to pay for it. He said why not - I said they were free to me, and he said "Can't I make a donation?" "Of course!" He laid down $20 and then the other guy did the same thing! I thanked them profusely, and told them it would go the the Koman Foundation, and then told them about my experience getting free mammograms and sonograms and a biopsy through Koman, Avon and Tucson Medical Center. So many people don't know all the good that is out there in the world.
We had a great time - I had an awesome time! I was there a few minutes before 5 (yes - me - early) and no one else showed up till about 5:45. I was a little worried, chagrined, embarrassed, nervous - that's it - nervous! I was afraid not very many people would show up, and I had told the owners that there might be 30 or so, trickling in all night.
I said I'd stay till the last dog left and the last 5 of us had to be kicked out at 9:00. Thank goodness they closed or I would still be talking to someone out in the parking lot.
Thanks to everyone who came - you made it a great party. I got a couple of calls of people who couldn't come - and so I said - "Let's do it again next Thursday!" They are planning on it. Everyone loved the Spinach and Artichoke Enchiladas!!! I'll eat them every Thursday.
Happy happy to everyone. I still can't believe how excited I am for this to be over! I took a few little gifts into the Oncology Center this morning - I wish I had been able to give lots more, to each and every one of them!
You all deserve the same - you've been a great cheering team and I will still need you, and I'm not stopping this blog, because there will always be one more person out there who might read something here that might help them. And that is what this is all about. People helping people. Family helping family. Friends helping friends.
I am humbled by your love and caring and I thank you again, from the bottom of my heart.
(Which has only a little heart burn from some salsa I shouldn't have eaten!) ; )
Love to you all, and to all a peaceful night. Patty : )

3 Comments:

At January 11, 2008 at 5:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I had bought a plane ticket and came to join you all !! ooooxxooooo

 
At January 11, 2008 at 6:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patty,
I thought of you last night I would have been there to celebrate with you!! As it was, I lifted a toast to you in celebration and pray that only GOOD health continues. Thanks for all you've done to get the word out!
Love to all,
Joyce

 
At January 11, 2008 at 4:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It I could have been there we could have ended the celebration with say - popcorn balls!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home