Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Monday, July 9, 2007

July 9 Tomorrow It Is

It is here! The DAY has arrived!
"Tomorrow, tomorrow, you're always a day away". They called me again, this morning, to tell me to come 15 minutes earlier, so now I have to be there at 7:15 a.m.

While finishing up at the salon Saturday afternoon, late, one of the nail techs called me over to meet the woman who is just before me in line for the needle loc, and then she is having a lumpectomy also. (Same Doc, same day, same place, just before me at the Mammogram clinic). She was teasing me that I would be able to check on her and fix her hair in case it was mussed, as we'll be seeing each other there and probably in the recovery room, too. Maybe not, though, as I have that other stop between for the Nuc Med. She doesn't have that stop, so maybe her surgery is way before mine. That must be why they keep changing everything - they are simply fine tuning a well oiled machine!?

......."If Patty comes fifteen minutes earlier, I can get that other one done and do another ____ before Patty is ready for her surgery"..........

No rest, time is money, make hay while the sun shines, move it or milk it (does that fit here?), time is of the essence, waste not want not, don't cry over spilt milk, don't put all your eggs in one basket, and a rolling stone gathers no moss. I can't think of any others that make a lick of sense right now. Not that many of these do, either.

I am excited about tomorrow - S-Day (Surgery Day) has finally arrived! Bob will call Sara when it is over, who will try to put a post on the blog, however, they may not be in a WiFi area, so have patience. We will get something posted as quickly as we/they can. My friend Helen will also be there, and will call work to tell them all the details.

I want to go to the IR Swim Team Party that night. Bob says "HA" This is the awards ceremony, the Breakfast of Champions party (where I usually grill about 5 or 6 dozen cinnamon/sugar tortillas spread with butter), and then they are having the 2nd Family Movie Night with free popcorn and $.50 food.
Oh, yeah, I seem to remember telling you all this before, I think. I'm leaving it here, just in case someone didn't get to read it before, or forgot, just as I did. (Cool Running is the movie - the last one was Happy Feet - the tap dancing penguin movie. Anyway everyone seems to think I will NOT feel like going up to the pool and sitting in the hot and on a plastic chair for all that time. Oh well, I'll have to have Bob rent the movie so we can watch it here at the house.

I'm very excited and hyper to get this thing going and over with. It has been only 3 months, but it seems like it has been forever, sometimes. There must be something wrong with me - that I'm not nervous. Yet. ; )

Love to you all. Patty
See/talk to you soon. : ) OXOXOXOX to you all.


7 Comments:

At July 9, 2007 at 4:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOXXOOOOOOOOOOO

 
At July 9, 2007 at 4:37 PM , Blogger RonnieCat said...

I wish I could be with you momma. I love you lots. good luck!

We're going to be in Boise tomorrow but I don't know how early we're getting there. Seems like Boise should have WiFi, but then, you never know...

 
At July 9, 2007 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Patty said...

SARA - Can you fix the date and time in the dream book? Aunt Carol brought it to my attention that Joyce posted a comment "tomorrow" at 5:00 in the morning! Thanks sweetie - talk to you soon. Mom

 
At July 9, 2007 at 5:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Wear button in the front blouses or shirts while you are getting back to normal after your surgery," a friend asked me to tell you. It is MUCH more comfortable than reaching your arms around getting shirts on and off over your head, she said.

Hugs & love - wish I could be there. Carol

 
At July 9, 2007 at 7:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, love to you! We're sending our best wishes, love, and hugs your way.

xoxoxo

Kaylene, Matt and Owen

 
At July 10, 2007 at 5:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you. Wish I could be there holding your hand throughout all this. Hey, give Bob a big big hug from all of us and Sara when she gets home.

My prayers are with you today and always.

 
At July 11, 2007 at 10:14 AM , Blogger RonnieCat said...

Dreambook is fixed! Hugs to everyone, can't wait to see you Kaylene! (you and Matt and Owen and Kevin and Uncle Dr. John and Aunt Lori and Edward and Shoushou (sp?) and Minou (sp?) and.....)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home