Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Monday, July 2, 2007

July 2 Pre-op tests

Today is the day I get to go over to Tucson Medical Center Admissions and give them all my insurance information, some of my blood, have an EKG and then have a chest X-ray. The X-ray is to ascertain whether or not I have pneumonia. Now, I ask you, what is going to happen if I catch pneumonia in the next week! What will happen then? Why do the patients always have to think of the things that the doctor didn't! Sheesh!
Bob is
coming with me to listen to the questions I have and the answers they have for me about the procedure. Anyone have any ideas of things to ask?
How soon can I eat will be one of my first requests, I know. I'm not to eat anything or drink anything after midnight, and the surgery is now set for 11:15 or so, I think. They have changed it a couple of times, moving it earlier and earlier. It started out at 1:15, so I'm very happy it is earlier.

On the 10th of July I start out at 7:00 a.m. with a 'Needle Loc'. I think that stands for locater or location or something. That happens over at my favorite Mammogram place at TMC, and so I will get to see some of my favorite people again. They will deaden the area, then insert a wire/needle(?) into the cancerous 'blob' (you know those special words that only hairdressers can use - this is a word for use only by the doctors), so the surgeon can later find it more easily. (My friend tells me it is exceptionally hard to tell any difference between normal breast tissue and cancerous tissue.)They then take me to 'Nuke Med' (Nuclear Medicine) so they can insert a tiny, tiny tube into the ductwork and send radioactive isotopes and blue dye on into the system. Then a few (couple? more?) hours later, will be the surgery.

The Dr. will cut out the cancer, with an extra centimeter all around it, then after closing that incision, start on the lymph nodes, some of which by this time have hopefully turned blue. There is a pathologist standing by to do a check of each node as it is cut out, then I get closed up and cleaned up and 'woked' up and get to go home, I think.

I really want to go to an Indian Ridge Swim Team Awards Banquet, Party and Family Movie Night at the pool that night. Everyone is intimating that I may not feel like it. HUMPH!! They are showing 'Cool Running' as a motivational type fun movie, and then all the concession stand goodies will be $.50 in honor of the 50th anniversary of our Indian Ridge Swim Team. I needs me some $.50 hot dogs, man. Ha ha ha. : )

Get a ripsaw. Get a buzz saw. Get a ripsaw buzz saw boom boom boom. Get a ripsaw bigger than a buzz saw, boom, get a buzz saw bigger than a ripsaw. Keegoom Kiigoom, sheesh koom bah, Indian Ridge, Rah Rah Rah.
GO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O INDIAN RIDGE!
Well, ahem. Excuse please. I miss all that since Sara isn't here this year.

I will be so glad to get this part of the procedure over with, then we begin the waiting again! For the pathology report. Then for the next appointment with the surgeon, then depending on the results of the pathology reports, after that, an appointment with another doctor - a radiation oncologist, I am assuming, at this point. They said this all might happen within 'a month'. But don't quote anyone.

So you all can just wait with me. 'Ya'all waitin' for the bus? Anybody know what time it is? Anybody got a watch? We could ask him what time it is. And look at him. ('The Talking Candy Bar Blues' by Peter Paul and Mary) I digress. (And, yes Chandra, I saw a squirrel!)

Lots of love to you all, and thanks for reading my blog. Someone out there please help me figure out how to make a guest book for visitors to sign, or something, so I can at least tell if anyone ; ) is reading. If you want to tell me hello, just click on the word 'comment' at the bottom of each entry, and then you can tell me "hi" or something, please, so I at least know you are out there - that will make me happy. er.
Love, Patty : )

9 Comments:

At July 2, 2007 at 5:49 PM , Blogger dotnroger said...

Yes, of course we care! And we will wait with you and pray for you.

 
At July 2, 2007 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Patty said...

Thanks, Aunt Dot and Uncle Roger! I knew someone was still out there. I know - what do you say, then what do you say again, then, what do you keep saying? But - it's great to hear from you! Patty OXOXOX

 
At July 3, 2007 at 6:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been checking every day. You have a full day. Try to sleep the night before. Ask them if you can take something to help you. Like Tylenol PM or something. We are praying for you. Love you lots

 
At July 3, 2007 at 12:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patty, we are out here reading and praying for you. Our computer screwed up and I lost the address to your blog. Kathy helped me out so I'm back checking daily even if I don''t say Hi. Take care, Love Judy

 
At July 3, 2007 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading and praying much for you. Sounds like you had a whirlwind vacation. We love to enjoy that area of God's creation. Too bad we couldn't make connections. Sometimes two or three inches on the map is just as bad as being several states apart.
Give your Bob a hug for us. You will be in our prayers Tuesday, next.
Lots of love,
Kathy

 
At July 3, 2007 at 7:48 PM , Blogger Linn said...

Hey Patty...I've been checking your blog each day as well!! Even when I was in LaLaLand last week for interpreter training at CSUN!

Please know you are very important person in my life and I love you LOTS! Keep blogging! We're praying and God is listening/answering! xoxo Linn

 
At July 4, 2007 at 11:30 AM , Blogger RonnieCat said...

I'll set you up with a DreamBook mom. (I think that's what it's called... I'm gonna go check my old blog and work on that for ya)

 
At July 5, 2007 at 8:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patty, are you saying that you are going to have blue boobs???? Wow! I will be thinking of you on the 10th. love, Sarah M.

 
At July 7, 2007 at 12:49 AM , Blogger Patty said...

Sarah - I can only hope it will be blue. If it is going to have a big divot, it needs some camouflage to detract from the strangeness of the shape. : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home