Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

June 14 No Bruise from Amy!

I just called the lab at the Cancer Center to tell the 'newbie phlebotomist' that she indeed did not even leave a bruise, she wasn't there , but I found out her name - Amy - and that yes --- It WAS her first draw!!! Yea her and yea me for being allowed to be one of her first experiences. I hope she is as excited as I am. I don't know why I am excited, but I'm very happy for her and I'm glad it was me with my great big vein to hopefully have made it easier for her. OK - you may now officially call me weird.
I called Jessica the Genetic Counselor after the blood draw, to ask how soon could the results be back if we expedited them. I thought I remembered that she had mentioned an extra $50 fee to have that done. I wondered if the results could be back for the next doctors appointment the end of the month, so we could have them right after the biopsy.
Jessica the Gene girl called and said - "No Patty, it is not $50 more for expedited service on the gene testing - it is 50%. Of the $3000+." Oops. Never mind.
See why you need an extra set of ears. They appreciate it too. So you don't call 2 or 4 or 7 more times after to ask another question and another question. Oh my. I will get past this. Soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home