Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

May 22 More Sisterly Support

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:39:01 AM

Written by one more of those awesome sisters
just after she heard about my diagnosis:

"...sometimes it just takes longer for some of
us to process and respond. Just know that yes,
we are here to support you 100% all the way
in whatever you do. We DO care, even though
we may not respond right away or reply to all
or whatever. And quite frankly, some of us are
scared - for you and for us.
Yes, I am XX [Patty is protecting the innocent]
years old, but that doesn't stop me from being
afraid of the unknown.

"Yeah, I worked in the breast center and for a
breast surgeon and my old boss is ready willing
and able to talk me and whomever else wants
to through what you are going through, but it
is still hard for me to put into words what I feel.
Please just know that even though I personally
may not respond, it's not that I don't care, it
just may be that I don't know how to at that
moment. You still have my undying support
and I will move mountains for you if I can. I
have never been a great communicator and
probably never will be. I tend to clam up when
things get tough. I will try not to do to you
what I did with XXX and that was totally shut
down. That is the biggest regret I have of my
entire life and I will try my hardest not to do
that again. I love you very much. Please
remember that."

That wonderful letter was written by one of
my 8 most favorite sisters in the whole wide
world. I love you all. Patty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home