Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Saturday, July 14, 2007

July 14 Flowers and fruit

A huge bouquet of beautiful flowers from my salon - Scissor Talk was delivered yesterday, Friday. Today, Saturday, a huge bouquet of fruit was delivered from that same great place - Scissor Talk. They are so wonderful there. I love my new salon. I love my new co-workers! What a bunch of sweeties they are!
This fruit bouquet is the neatest thing you have ever seen - if you don't know what it is, check it out at ediblearrangements.com. I think I got the 'Delicious Fruit Design'. We once had a huge huge one delivered to the entire salon for one of the owner's birthdays. This thing is sooo cool. Bob and I ate all day on this one, then, as I knew there was no putting it in the fridge in the basket that it came in, and fruit sticking out all over in that condition, I had to deflower and defruit it and put the remaining fruit into a (large) Tupperware/Rubbermaid container.
The fruit was all cut very nicely, and then placed on a skewer, then poked into the 'Poking and then Holding' medium, which I found out, after many, many skewers later (50?), and after I had pulled out the many stalks of curly leafed kale? that made it into a pretty bouquet with leaves, turned out to be an entire full head of lettuce! Stuffed into the basket and mashed down into it so it wouldn't fall out. Whoever thought this one up was a wizard! How ingenious!
There were pineapple slices cut into a scalloped flower shape with a cantaloupe ball center, and wands of four or so grapes on skewers standing upright and tall and out away from the main fruit, for a little added interest. Then the cantaloupe and honeydew were cut into wedges with a 'wavy' knife, and those and the pineapple 'daisies', were interspersed with huge strawberries (green stem in) and still more grapes. It was the most amazing sight. Delicious, too, and we're still eating on it.
Can you tell that I loved it!? I'm going to go have some of it now.
Bye. Love to you all. I'm having a weekend off watching lots of movies with my hubby. : ) : ) Love, Patty : d <----that is me licking my chops!

2 Comments:

At July 17, 2007 at 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there was any question of your not having a good appetite, the fruit arrangement would change that in a hurry. I drooled reading their website.
I'm so glad you have wonderful friends to take care of you since you are so far from your family.

 
At July 17, 2007 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Linn said...

Those fruit baskets are AMAZING!!! woooohoooo...hope you are feeling stronger xoxo love, Linn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home