Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Aug 11 Sitting and healing the foot

The foot is healing, but slowly. Still a mighty bruise, and very tender since the stitches came out, but it's getting there. Bob (and another friend) thinks I should put off the start of the chemo until the foot is completely healed, but the Dr.-who-is-the-boss-of-me seemed to think it would be OK when he looked at it on Wednesday. The stitches came out later that afternoon, but I don't think that would make a difference?
I've been in bed with heat on it today, to get the blood flowing well, so it will heal faster and better. Think there is any real science to that theory? : )
I got a little distraught today after a friend reminded me that I may not be able to work even part time through the chemo "Most people don't". I just really hadn't thought there would be much disruption to my schedule. I would not allow it to be disrupted.
I think most of you out there know how much I truly love my job/work/clients/co-workers. The salon also is part family, and it always gives me fits when I have to change someone's pre-scheduled appointment, just for a lousy piece of time off. Now it will be for a lousy piece of time off for chemotherapy. : ( I'm so sorry, everyone, if that truly does come to pass. But I'll be back. Never you fear.
I, however, may well be the master of my own nausea and be perfectly fine, which is exactly what I have been planning on doing. Miss a couple of days of work the first week of the treatment, then get on with it for three more weeks. Repeat. You heard it here first, folks - Mind Over Matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Sara got all registered for her Sophomore year of high school (they call it 10th grade here!) (then I have to count on my fingers) on Friday, and came home with a foot high stack of books, and for her Honors PreCalculus/Trigonometry class, she was sent home with a CD! Times they are a changin'. Makes me feel pretty old. I sat and watched the Seniors (12th grade ; ) ) filling out paperwork for a parking permits, and thought how young they look, and wasn't I just a Senior in high school just a few years ago? (37!) Mom always said time would go lots faster when you got older, and boy, did she speak the truth!
Time does pass fast, and so my foot will heal fast, and I'll be finished with chemo soon, and then radiation will be over before you know it, and then all of a sudden, here comes Valentines Day! ; )
Lots of love and hugs to all of you out there. I miss everyone today. Love, Patty : ) OXOXOXO

3 Comments:

At August 12, 2007 at 9:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our school district was going to go to all computerized textbooks for high school to save money. The parents had a fit so it hasn't happened yet but it will be coming.

Dillon starts his sophomore year on Tuesday. Scary how fast it has gone. I am helping with locker assignments and handing out schedules and Dillon is mortified! (Please don't help on the first day Mom!) I volunteered for registration last week and it was fun seeing all these little kids think they are pretty hot stuff -- did we act that way?(No way! :) Not me and my friends!) Anyway I told Dillon not to worry -- I would make sure to give him big hugs and kisses when I saw him and if I missed him I could just come to his first hour and give him a kiss goodbye! Does he really think I would purposefully embarrass him? I know my place is to hide in the shadows!

I do know a couple of teachers who worked through their chemo. Just me prepared to take breaks and everyone knows what is going on and will be supportive. It can be done and if that is what you want to do you can do it. Don't be so tough that you think you have to do it though! Everyone loves you and will understand if you need time off.

I love and miss you.
Shawna

 
At August 12, 2007 at 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOOXOOOOOXXOOOOOXXXOOOOO

 
At August 12, 2007 at 12:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Patty, Sandra V. here.

Just stopped by to read your journal and see how things are going. Keep healing and I'll see you sometime soon.

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home