Patty's Mammie Grams

Webmistressed by her daughter, Sara. Read the DreamBook guestbook!
Sign the DreamBook!

Monday, August 6, 2007

Aug 6 Feet Up - Still In Bed

OK, my rear end is getting tired of sitting on it in basically the same position for how many days now? Lots.
At least I have a bed to sit on so my feet/foot can be up in the air. There is also nice air conditioning plus a fan blowing on my upper body for when I get one of those heating-pads-turned-way-up-on-high-behind-my-back 'spells'. ; ) Bob fixed it so I could watch TV in here, but I'm too busy reading!
I've been reading and reading and reading - so many books I can't even remember them all. Karen and Kaylene - I finished The Eyre Affair, by Jasper Fforde and am now ready to begin Lost in a Good Book, finally.
Then, Karen, I will at last be able to read your suggestion of last year for The Well of Lost Plots.
This last sentence just illustrated to me what some of you have suggested at one time or another ; ) - that I may be just a little teeny tiny wee bit obsessive? That might be the reason I had to read all the books preceding the one that was suggested? Before I could read the recommended one?
Oh well, they are all good books - if any of you want a good spoofy 'punny' read.
I also have in my 'to be read soon because it is borrowed from a friend' stack: The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion.
Sara and I went shopping before she left and found some cheap paperbacks: My Breast by Joyce Wadler,
The Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardner. Finished those and now just have The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger left to read from that batch.
I borrowed from Rita's last place before the hospice - Predator by Patricia Cornwell, finished it. Will return it.
Already checked back into the library The Virgin Suicides by Jeffery Eugenides, Manhunt by Janet Evanovich, Beach Road by James Patterson, Why I Wore Lipstick To My Mastectomy by Geralyn Lucas, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (same author as The Kite Runner) (excellent!) (both!) and Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich.
I have from the library right now, The Night Listener by Armistead Maupin, and am waiting on two more of his that I requested - including his brandy newest one: Michael Tolliver Lives - can't wait. He wrote all those Tales of the City - and More Tales...., and Further Tales...., and Babycakes, and Significant Others. I think I kind of missed some of the in between books, and so I have reserved Sure of You and Maybe the Moon.
Last but by no means least, I just finished reading a gift from a client - The Rejection Collection, edited by Matthew Diffee. Rejected New Yorker cartoons. Hysterical! Thanks, Sarah! I loved it! : )
Now, I just have to read all of my many magazines that are piling up, and then the mail, and then the bills coming in. YEEEEGADS!!!
Bob accused me of having foot surgery so I would be able to lie in bed for 3 weeks and read. How did he find out? Who told him? ; )

SARA COMES HOME TOMORROW!!! I miss you lots, sweetie pie. : (
Hope some one can read this - I can't! Hee heeee heeeee. Love you lots all youse guys out dere. Patty : )


2 Comments:

At August 8, 2007 at 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful lot of books. I have read The Kite Runner (yes, great book!) but my eyes are tired thinking about all the other reading! I think next time you want a read-fest, try it WITHOUT surgery!! I'm so glad you are mending and have the happy diversion of unlimited books.
Carol

 
At August 8, 2007 at 5:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patty,

Just checking in to see how you are doing. I'm glad you enjoyed the New Yorker cartoons book. I have one that you recommended, Double Bind, but I still have another one to read before I can start it. Perhaps following the order of recommendations is a common trait among readers?

I'm glad you're doing well and hope you're on your feet soon, but take as much time as you need.

Sarah Mulholland

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home